baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:16:17 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> if I have glibc2.2, will the compiled program no longer
> work on SW71 (BL2)

Some of the prorams compiled with glibc 2.2 will not
work with glibc 2.1. It might be possible to avoid
this by specifying glibc2.1-compatible output when
compiling, but I don't know.

> Opera, to install, I think had to be in /

No it didn't. Opera 6.03 uses an installation routine
that can be run anywhere (eg. /tmp). Generally it is
a bad idea to put stuff in /

> - does Firebird?

I made a phoenix directory in /usr/local/bin and put it
there.