baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera 7 and glibc/cxx update work well
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:42:21 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> > Not just kernels.
>
> What else counts as 'system software'?

Just about anything. You know: "software".
That runs on the "system".

> If we use this compiler to compile some program,
> will it still run on SW71 with the older runtime
> libraries?

It doesn't matter which compiler you use. What matters
is which C library you use to compile. Since you apparently
installed the full glibc 2.2 library, that's gonna be the
one the compiler uses (unless you replace it with the full
glibc 2.1 library).

> If not, I will leave the older compiler on one computer

Your old compiler will happily compile using your installed
glibc 2.2 library.

> want to remind me where to get the binary?

> Is it linked to your site?

No. Because it requires those two libraries from Slack81.

Why do you prefer it to Opera? Is it somewhat usable without