baslinux - [BL] shift over and back

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] shift over and back
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 19:36:21

On 19 Jan 04 at 9:48, baslinux-request AT lists.ibibl wrote:

>Reply to Sender: mailto:ariadne AT acepia.net.au
>Reply to List: mailto:baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
>
> Many thanks to all who helped. Looks like the shift over from DOS to
> Linux
>could become a reality after all, even if it is only a partial shift for
>now.
>
>Regards,
> Ron

Hi Ron,

congratulations. So you can look forward to the shift back from
Linux to dosemu ;-)

BTW: I can confirm that it is possible to compile the new stable
release of dosemu (ver. 1.1.99) with Slackware 7.1 packages only.
README and INSTALL files list the required packages from slakware/d1
directory. Attention: The make routine contains a small perl script.
So do not forget to install 5 MB perl.tgz first.

But it will certainly be worth upgrading. There are many improvements.
Even - sort of unusual for dosemu - in documentation.

I will start a new experiment. Although I still cannot get to run
Slackware 7 X with Czech keyboard, I will try to implement Czech
keyboard at least in the dosemu box. There are great things going
on even in FreeDOS circles!

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov