permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing
  • Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 22:20:31 -0400

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM, John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net> wrote:

> All the pertinent fact would take years to do Lawrence. It is happening
> every day. Some reccon there were 2 million orphans in Iraq alone. And for
> what. John Perkins whit his "Confessions of an economic hitman" can set you
> on the track.

This has been recommended to me several times. It has to do with economic
coercion in
a particular South American country.

> What Mao, Stalin and Hitler did was vile but all these three have been dead

I had left out Hitler in the list, my error.

> for a long time while the attrocities go on in South America, Africa, Asia
> and the Middle East. It would be a bit simplistic to put the name of US
> presidents up as culprits for they were/are all riding a steed they have
> not
> (fully) under control. And some presidents that tried were killed. But

Yes, Kennedy, for opposition to continued escalation of the Vietnam War..

> still...
> I would advice you to try and get a copy of the book "Gladio by Richard
> Cottrell" ,ex European Parlimentarian, journalist to give you an idea of
> what happened in Europe and elsewhere since the end of WW2. Count the
> casualties in Europe maybe. It might also give some insights in why the

I have learned much about the destruction of Serbia at the end of the
Balkans war.
I usually make comments about these things on Facebook, rarely ever G+ and
now here
where there is the most intelligent discourse .

> brand new pope became pope with his reccord of aiding and abedding dead
> squads in Argentina.

For a Catholic Jesuit priest this is unforgiveable, if actually true. They
"disapeared" (there is a movie about this)
all the hippies, lefties and alternative types then adopted their orphaned
children.
His latest statement is something about the Catholic Church needing to
focus more on theological teachings
if it wants to avoid being relegated to the pages of history as being
simply another NGO in the service of humanity.
If only they would do just that! He is a conservative Catholic who abhorred
the Liberation Theology movement of decades past.

Months ago I posted here a deeply thoughtful statement the previous
Pope.made to the media which I really liked. They are at least capable of
_saying_
inspiring things. Every now and then I think I missed my calling, that of a
Tibetan sherpa or an ascetic monk who has assumed holy orders in one of the
world's religions,
one with a rich literary, musical and artistic tradition.

This is all very depressing and I can still not condense hundreds of books

> and thousands of data in a few paragraphs.
> And if I should disappear of line I may already have said too much.
> John

What a hoot! You and millions of others!