permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:22:14 -0400

On 3/13/2013 6:10 AM, Dieter Brand wrote:
Lawrence,

Linda did not advocate the use of terrorism. She said that in this
World of ours, terrorism grasps attention while those who resort to
peaceful means to protest against oppression are ignored.

I know that, Dieter; I felt compelled to suggest that she consider alternative concepts that oppressed people might use to make change for the better and, especially in today's digital world wherein so many people are able to stay connected with each other, share news and opinion and carry out campaigns, I dispute the contention that people wh resort to peaceful means to effect positive change are ignored.
We do not live in the middle ages. There's no way that information about events in Tibet, China, Burma, Ceylon, Cuba, Venezuela will not be leaked via independent, clandestine and mainstream media for the
concerned of the world to see and follow.

That is a
fact if we like it or not. She also said that those who resort to
violence will perish by violence. That too is a fact.

As far as political regimes, this is true some of the time but not all.
What we really need is GLOBAL AWARENESS, everyone needs to be on board
to work together for peaceful, intelligent change, progress and positive future pathways. I could go into this for hours.

Topic hijack:

Thinking about the Earth From Space movie and the Gaia concept,
whole systems thinking, immense natural systems on Earth, cycling,
evolving, co-evolving, interacting, recycling, permaculture in put in the limelight because it offers so much on so many levels with such far reaching, in-depth effects. Permaculture offers ways to achieve global awareness and cooperation amongst Earth's inhabitants. We have a long way to go but it is possible.

Gandhi was an exception for three reasons. You can successfully
resort to nonviolent methods if your opponent can be shamed into
admitting that the use of massive force against non-violent
resistance is immoral. But if a regime is capable of massacring its

Nowadays, that can be done thanks to the digital age and new awareness of those going online. Permaculture can help with that.

LL