permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 12:44:00 -0400

On 3/15/2013 4:02 PM, John D'hondt wrote:

I would advice you to try and get a copy of the book "Gladio by Richard
Cottrell" ,ex European Parlimentarian, journalist to give you an idea of
what happened in Europe and elsewhere since the end of WW2. Count the
casualties in Europe maybe. It might also give some insights in why the

I have learned much about the destruction of Serbia at the end of the
Balkans war.

Gladio is the code name of the State within the State. The fascist military
that was alowed to continue business as usuall after the war with the idea
to stop a Russian invasion if and when it should come.

I have heard and read all about that.

Serbia was mostly a way to get rid of a few years worth of highly
radioactive waste that would have cost a fortune to store safely otherwise.

I had never heard about that other than the fact that NATO weaponry utilizing spend nuclear fuel as warheads were used, on impact fragmenting into submicroscopic pieces going into every nook and cranny of their environment, water, soil, air, wildlife, agricultural land, water supplies, streams, rivers, lakes, ponds. The attack on a destruction of Serbia was 1) to end the civil war??? 2) to dissuade Russia from invading Serbia ??? Ludicrous and absurd. This must offend the typical, traditional European & Scandinavian temperament as much as it does mine.

brand new pope became pope with his reccord of aiding and abedding dead
squads in Argentina.

For a Catholic Jesuit priest this is unforgiveable, if actually true.

The Argentinian mothers of the disappeared seem to think so.

They "disapeared" (there is a movie about this)
all the hippies, lefties and alternative types then adopted their orphaned
children.
His latest statement is something about the Catholic Church needing to
focus more on theological teachings
if it wants to avoid being relegated to the pages of history as being
simply another NGO in the service of humanity.
If only they would do just that! He is a conservative Catholic who
abhorred
the Liberation Theology movement of decades past.

He labelled LT Marxist doctrine. It would be logical to assume that he had the same opinion of the people in Argentina who were part of the
new cultural renaissance that happened, cultural, social, political.
It was primarily left leaning. As you might imagine many were probably not so immersed in the political aspects, i.e. political reform, but just wanted to get on with their lives while others may have participated in more radical leftist campaigning, all enjoying and benefiting from a refreshing, alternative, free thinking cultural climate. There were educated, skilled professionals, artists, architects, writers, poets, academics of all sorts, musicians, tradesmen and many others involved in this movement. The military junta came to power and committed genocide on these people. They were the Argentinian counterparts to the same kinds of people creating a cultural renaissance in the United States and Europe. Then, Kissinger and the CIA and other collaborators did the same thing in Chile, overthrowing the leftist Allende government and putting the despicable Pinochet in power; he probably took his direction from Spain's Franco
who allowed the Nazis to use Spanish villages for target practice by the Luftwaffe. Pinochet's thugs assassinated the popular musician Victor Jara and probably the Poet Pablo Neruda as well (his body will soon be exhumed for an autopsy to determine cause of death). I was 21 in 1960 and the Chinese invasion of Tibet had already happened; the full meaning, if not even news of as well, along with that of the sad events in Argentina, Brazil and Chile escaped my friends and I during the period 1960-1980. None of my closest friend were involved in anything political during those times. We were musicians, artists, thinkers and dreamers interested in the teachings of Indian mystics.
I wish I had learned about Tibetan Buddhism then.

LL