permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Anti-catholicism, was Re: The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Anti-catholicism, was Re: The people of Tibet need help now - Boing Boing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 16:32:41 -0400

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop1952@att.net>wrote:

> I am not clicking on a link to read more anti-Catholic propaganda.

It is a bibilical saying worth reading. I attached the .jpg too. Something
about God gave humanity this world to live on and we should take care of it
and each other. That's what this Permaculture list is about.

> I think the permaculture movement should not carry water for the
> billionaires,

What a hoot.

> but instead welcome Francis as an ally.
>
> I did suggest previously that the Catholic Church welcome the permaculture
and natural agriculture communities as allies in the effort to feed and
lift up the poor, because we are good at that. Of course that will never
happen because there are pro choice elements in these communities. So it
goes.

> Did Francis do all he could have during the Argentinian troubles? I
don't know,
> I wasn't there. If you're going to quote Monbiot at me, you should
remember that

Wow. Some reply; talk about lacking observational abilities. That was a
pretty serious genocidal event in Argentina carried out by the
billionaire/military thuggery you despise, or at least you say you do, and
all you can say is you don't know, you were not there at the time; well who
was? I guess next you'll say 'its not my job'. Those unfortunate victims
were a carbon copy of the alternative movements of America, Europe and
elsewhere. They were probably pro choice too, an attribute that would have
sealed their fate as far as the church was concerned. The priests who sided
with the alternative movement were abandoned by the church and thrown to
the genocidal military thugs.
Some record. All over doctrine and $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Whatever he did or didn't do, my question is, if he did wrong, or didn't do
> enough right, has he repented and changed his life and learned truths for
> the
> present? If he did right, has he learned from those lessons truths for the
> present? In the meantime, on the world stage, he is saying some good
> things,
> quotes that we can use. We should be happy somebody, anybody, with some
> authority is saying the things he is saying about caring for Creation and
> standing with the poor. Instead, we join in the cry of the crowd "CRUCIFY
> HIM,
> CRUCIFY HIM!"

You must be joking. Sounds like typical fundamentalist boilerplate
propaganda.
I think this Creation you mention = DOCTRINE.
Creation = God gave us this world to live on and we need to take care of it
and all of its creatures
standing with the poor = make sure everyone is fed and that there are not
more mouths to feed than there is food to put in them....
And you know what that means don't you, Bob? Women's right to choose and
birth control, neither of which is acceptable in your camp. So what kind of
humanitarian are you?

LL