permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: ChildrensPeaceGuild <childrenspeaceguild@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:01:21 -0800 (PST)

(Sorry if I'm late to the conversation but my email was hacked)

I looked into an online PDC since a number of factors (location, financial,
familial, etc.) prevented me from attending one in person. At the time
Barking Frogs Permaculture (Dan Hemenway) and Permaculture Visions
(April-Sampson Kelly) were the only two I could find. I contacted their
organizations directly plus graduates (both on and off the record) and
received positive feedback from all I spoke with. In the end, I decided to go
with Permaculture Visions simply because April was very enthusiastic and
supportive of efforts to include children and youth in the permaculture
movement.

In addition to Permaculture Visions (http://permaculturevisions.com/) and
Barking Frogs (www.barkingfrogspermaculture.org/onlinepdc.htm) I understand
there is now an online PDC offered by:

Permaculture Education Center (Jessica and Alan Enzo)
www.permacultureeducation.com/
Beaver State Permaculture (Andrew Millison)
http://www.beaverstatepermaculture.com/events/osu-online-permaculture-course
Permaculture Project (Wayne Wiseman)
http://www.permacultureproject.com/services/design-certificate-course-online/

I have heard nothing but good things about Andrew and Wayne (both as
individuals and as teachers) and their respective courses.
Andrew is an instructor at Oregon State University and is quite active and
well-respected in the PNW.
Wayne was one of the earliest individuals I recall bridging permaculture
design and hunter-gatherer skills (keep your eyes peeled for the upcoming
issue of the Activist #88!). Wayne was friendly and very supportive of my
efforts to teach primitive skills to children during our correspondences when
I used to live in his bioregion.

I would recommend both of their courses.

As for Vlad, well.... he seems to periodically creep up in our discussions.
So as not to distract from the efforts of the above teachers, plus contribute
to the confusion over his organization and Penny Livingston-Stark's (as well
as honor Lawrences wishes not to discuss Vlad any further), I will say people
are free to contact me off-list if they would like to hear accounts of
friends and acquaintences who have interacted with him.

Regards,
Roman
Children's Permaculture Guild