permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Darrell E. Frey" <defrey@bioshelter.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>, venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:25:18 -0500

PINA does not want to Enforce standards, in my opinion. We will want to set standards through dialogue and invite people join in and build a strong and united network

Darrell E. Frey
Three Sisters Farm
defrey@bioshelter.com
www.bioshelter.com

Author; Bioshelter Market Garden: A Permaculture Farm. New Society Publishing, 2011

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 21:19:22 -0500, venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:
On 2/26/2013 9:09 PM, spiralridgepermaculture@gmail.com wrote:
> This is crazy. I pray that PINA can get up and running soon. I do not like this at all.
What is PINA?

To make matters worse Larry Korn, editor of a Fukuoka book has created the beginnings of an online permaculture course with videos in collaboration with that regenerawhatsis scambabble group trying to
use a kickstarter or indiegogo to fund an online permaculture course. The http://www.indiegogo.com/OpenPermaculture fundraiser has been taken offline. I guess they took the money and ran.
After all this I can't imagine anyone complaining about enforcing standards for permaculture, teaching, consultng or otherwise using it to earn a livelihood.