permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:03:20 -0500

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 1:50 AM, loren luyendyk <loren@sborganics.com>wrote:

> With all due respect, PI-USA has left a void, a niche, which has been
> filled by this guy whoever whatever American Permaculture Association. As
> Toby hinted, PI-USA hasn't been too vocal about their role, and now other
> people are stepping up to fill the niche.

That is so unutterable ridiculous and wrong. You do not know what you are
talking about.

> Is there a list of teachers and courses accredited by PI-USA? Is PI-USA
> involved with PINA? Is there a plan for a national gathering to discuss
> this? After 15 years I think it about time...
>
> And sorry, if you haven't been earning a living wage doing permaculture,
> and you've been doing it over 10 years then perhaps its time to re-evaluate
> the sustainability of your business.

Your thoughtless, ill-informed post does not really deserve a reply. If you
are not familiar with PI USA and Scott's work and participation in this
list then you have not been paying attention or are not really interested
in the permaculture movement or permaculture in the first place.

I was referring partly to myself, spending thousands of hours and a lot of
money (ISP & equipment since 1992) starting and running this list as a poor
way to earn a living wage
for myself. I am sure there are others with considerable skills and
knowledge of permaculture whose contributions to the permaculture movement
consist mostly of volunteerism, with low or no pay when they should be
receiving a living wage for their work.