homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 22:31:32 -0800

Well, I don't know who the *they* is but *they* would be wrong. <g>

Back in the days before embargos, we got a decent amount of crude from Iraq. With the embargos back in the 90s, Iraqs production of oil fell from 3.5 million barrels per day to less than half a million barrels/day.

Then, miraculous, after we invaded Iraq, we started getting over 11 million barrels of oil a month.

However, the important thing about Iraq is that they have the second largest reserves in the world. And, like I said, only about 10% of the potential has been explored. And, you need to remember/know that Iraq only has about 2,000 wells drilled. Texas has over a million. think how much oil you could pump out of Iraq if they had the same number of wells that Texas has!

Lynda
--"I'm fascinated by the hard line you're drawing over religion -- It gets
used too much, as an excuse, a fall guy, a weapon, a con. A lot of people,
maybe most, don't mean it except when it suits them." Dallas
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob" <becida AT comcast.net>

#6 Iraq 675,000 barrels A DAY vs #1 Canada 1,926,000 barrels A DAY in
2008. Keep in mind that before we invaded Iraq we were (so they say)
getting zero from Iraq.

Rob
becida AT comcast.net