homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:10:11 -0500

OK. I think it is time to put in a couple cents worth. How many of you
remember the Exxon Valdiz? You know, the oil tanker that leaked... badly...
up in Alaska? Do you also remember how the environmentalists bewailed the
fate of the bay... how life would be affected for decades, how the pollution
from the oil would be a wildlife disaster for generations to come?

Turns out not to be the case. It's actually pretty much back to where it
was... pristine. Wildlife is there, living nicely...

The earth is pretty darn good at cleaning itself up.

Now, this isn't to say we can't do a better job of stewardship. We can, and
should. However, when Mount Pinotubo (sic) spews forth more greenhouse gases
in a single eruption than mankind has in his entire history, when Mars shows
recent evidence of global warming (for which my SUV certainly shares no
responsibility), I begin to seriously think that this huge system in which we
live, the earth, is far more capable of regulating itself than our petty
little efforts can effect, one way or the other.

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.