homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 07:53:56 -0400

The problem is that the current law - the one that FORCES >hospitals to treat illegal immigrants who have no intention of >paying the bill is flat out wrong. It is forcing hospitals to book >unneccessary loses and taxpayers to pick up the difference. It >also raises the costs to payers.

I agree that this is a problem, but this so-called Healthcare reform isn't really about healthcare at all. It's only about health insurance: who gets it, what the provider has to cover, etc. I like Bev's (?) idea of charging the illegals' home country for medical bills they incur.

Lynn Wigglesworth