homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 22:25:46 -0700 (PDT)

From: Marie McHarry mmcharry AT gmail.com

Illegal immigrants are prohibited from buying into any of the offered
health insurance program. However, anyone who shows up at an emergency
room will be treated, as has always been the case.
So, Lynda, do you want to deny accident victims treatment? At the
present time, we stabilize them and then ship them home. What would
you prefer?
--------------------------------

I'm going to jump in on this one.

The problem is that the current law - the one that FORCES hospitals to treat
illegal immigrants who have no intention of paying the bill is flat out
wrong.  It is forcing hospitals to book unneccessary loses and taxpayers to
pick up the difference.  It also raises the costs to payers.

This isn't much different than when CONgress FORCED banks to lend to those
they knew could not repay - and we all know the outcome of that now -
systemic worldwide banking collapse.  (Cause and effect.)

You don't fix one bad law by adding on another bad law.

The cure is for CONgress to STOP using FORCE against hospitals - allow
hospitals to deny treatment to illegals (unless the illegal shows up with
cash in pocket, or some means of paying the individual hospital will accept).
Let hospitals decide individually how many charity cases they can handle, if
any.

I'm not going to address citizens at the moment............ as I just lost
quite a bit of text....... and too tired now..

Today there were hospital representatives and doctors present, and they
certainly did weigh in on this issue.

--------

"It's when they fail to save what little is left that the flames will begin
in earnest." ~ Ray Zentz