homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:47:35 -0400

It's a real shame. I did see Wilson being interviewed and you could hear the
crack in his voice.
Now I recall people hooping it up when Bush got the show thrown at him. At
least that was not done by a US citizen. I thought that that
was definitely a punishable offense.

Decorum is a thing of the past. Politics have always been nasty, but at
least politicians tried to appear above it all and people in polite company
tried to stay away from politics. Now we roll in the mud proudly.

The Internet has created a new medium that's like fuel to a fire for these
rumors and crazy ideas, it's a shame, the Internet was such a great thing 10
years ago.

I remember days when I read more treads than I deleted from this list. I
even remember when people saved treads form this list as something useful.

Rob - Va