homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:36:30 -0400

Exactly...had it been me, I think I would have said(if I had the
gumption to speak) "that's not true" or "how will you verify that?"
Calling the President a liar or other names is not cool...it was not
cool when everyone called Bush names, and it is not cool now. Of
course, no one is perfect, not even the elected ones, so hopefully we
can all relate to his faux pas and move on. Who among us has never
suffered from foot in mouth disease? Obama himself has tasted his own toes.

Bev

VAN DELL JORDAN wrote:

I would have been less put off if he had yelled "you are wrong". It
can be argued that the wording in the bill won't have the effect of
eliminating illegals from coverage, and therefore he is mistaken.
But to say he lied is accusing him of saying something not backed up
by anything in the bill. There is wording in the bill so that
accusation is false.

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed