homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: Gil White <gil.white AT xplornet.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 12:50:33 +0000 (GMT)

The only information I read on the topic is what's been posted to this list
and I was washing my hair last night so I missed the speech.

And I also realize that whatever brand of care is forced on you folks won't
be identical to what we have in Ontario.

That said, in order to get health care here I must produce a 'health' card
which includes a photo id. I use the card for everything from a doctor's
appointment to an MRI at a lab.

Without the health card the I think the only care I would qualify for is if
I'm wheeled into a hospital emergency room unconscious.

So even though coverage cannot be denied because of a characteristic, I'm
sure there will have to be some registration process. Now if the process was
used with some imagination ( oops - were talking about bureaucrats aren't we)
it might be the carrot to actually entice some of the illegal immagrants to
register.

Gil