homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 06:39:20 -0500

On Sep 10, 2009, at 6:25 AM, Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:

I'm SO glad that that kind of rudeness isn't being tolerated, at least on
the floor of the Congress. The whole country seems to have degenerated into
violence and shouting down speakers.

As a culture, we are devolving. There is today less respect, less consideration, less attention to good behavior than yesterday.

We are all contributing to or condoning bad behavior, from the DC Whorehouse to talk radio hosts and call-ins, to Web article comments, and to, yes, Web lists.