homestead - Re: [Homestead] Irony

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 03:17:23 -0400

-----Original Message----- From: Marie McHarry <mmcharry AT gmail.com> To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org Sent: Thu, Sep 10, 2009 9:57 pm Subject: Re: [Homestead] Irony

Illegal immigrants are prohibited from buying into any of the offered
However, anyone who shows up at an emergency room will be treated,
as has always been the case. So, Lynda, do you want to deny accident victims treatment? At the present time, we stabilize them and then ship them home. What would you prefer?

I know quite a few illegals. They usually have a wad of money in their
pockets as they often operate on a cash basis. If medical costs were
more fair instead of inflated, we could have a set fee for standard ER
services, like $150 for simple things like flu evaluation, stitching up
a cut, etc, $250 for more complicated things that require more testing,
etc. The balance is often written off, but perhaps there could be
medical funds set up for indigents and illegals the way scholarships are
set up for certain groups. For expensive, life saving treatments like
trauma surgery and the like we should bill their home country for
reimbursement. We provide a service to their citizen, and respectfully
request payment. Non treating them would violate the Hippocratic oath
and not be representative of what this country stands for, but someone
has to pay the bill, and I vote that it should not be me. If an illegal
is here and say, develops cancer or COPD or something serious and needs
intensive long term treatment, they should be deported to their home
country. After all, EVERYONE knows that other countries have better
healthcare than the US. <eg>

I don't have any really humane answers, but I know that it is not fair
or just for my taxes and yours to pay for treatment for someone who is
here illegally and who is not paying taxes at all. If President Obama
wants to tax sugar or HFCS or create some kind of new tax that will pay
for indigent or illegal care, then I would support that, however, I
don't want my income taxes to pay for it. No free rides on my back,
sorry. I help people on an individual basic. I give to charities and
those in need. This turnip has no blood.

Bev

--
Sleep well tonight, for somewhere in the ocean's depths, MY son is
protecting your freedom on the USS Key West, currently deployed