homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:51:23 -0800

Ah gee, here we go agreeing again. <g> The stats prove the point of your last paragraph. Doctors in France make 2x what most people make. In the U.S., doctors make 5 to 10x as much. And some make, net, millions. It doesn't happen in countries with national healthcare. THAT is what the doctor is jealous of!

Lynda
"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

snip<

I think your French family's jealousy might well be explained by the fact
there's a doctor in the family. In other countries being a physician means
you are well paid in a respected profession, but it is not a ticket to the
wealth you can turn it into in our system.

James