homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 08:05:00 -0400

Lynn Wigglesworth wrote:
My father was a federal employee, and my mother still has his Blue Cross health insurance. She gets a constant stream of paperwork showing what Medicare paid vs. what Blue Cross paid. Medicare pays almost everything. Blue Cross refuses half of the tiny amount that is left. People complain about Medicare, but it is serving my mother well, with very little paperwork on her part. Blue Cross, on the other hand, costs her $200/month and refuses most payments.

Wow.
Our battles are also with BCBS. We pay $600/mo in premiums and still have a fight. We first got 'pre-approved', then after the service was rendered, refusal to pay saying it was not covered...after that was settled they said the doctor was not in the network...after that was settled(I had POS so there was no 'network'), then no referral, but again our plan did not require one, and meanwhile my account will be going to collections and we don't have the money to pay it all at once. Don't get me wrong, I pay my bills, but we would not have made the claim and gotten the service had we known of the hassle it would be to get the insurance just to do what they are contracted to do.
We have two separate claims we are battling in a similar way. One of the claims is only $230, which we could obviously pay if we did not have to chunk out $150/wk.

I'm not under any kind of illusion that BC is the only insurance company using these tactics.

--
"Never expect magic from no where" Baringo (Kenyan) working motto
http://erthnsky.blogspot.com/