homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:01:06 EDT

believe me, I agree with you on that, I just don't like blindly believing
statistics, and She (the French Doctor) had an opposing point of view on
the subject.
At the moment, our officials want money for health care, so we are
at the bottom of the list. If they get funded, give it 3 years and they
will
come out with new stats that show we have jumped to the top of the list.
They will take credit for the jump and the real change will be in the way
the statistics were compiled. I lived in Michigan, near the border,
doctor's
offices and clinics stayed open saturdays almost entirely for the canadian
clients who would come across on the weekend for care. My fathers company,
Dow Chemical, allowed employees of proprietary suppliers to join their
health
plan and a huge number of these Canadians would pay for that on top of
their Canadian coverage.

_http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/561737_
(http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/561737)

This medscape article shows the european breast cancer survival rate at
79.1 percent
as opposed to 90.1 percent in the US and prostate rates of 77.5 versus 99.3
Europe
vs. US. These are pretty significant differences in results.

My main point, though, is that we can't place all our faith in a bunch of
statistics we
really know very little about the compilation of. Just as I was suspect of
some the last
administration waived around to justify actions, I am suspect of those that
are being
used to push us into socialized medical care. They are going to do what
they want
to anyway, I just would rather go in with my blinders removed.

Drew

In a message dated 7/26/2009 2:46:29 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,