homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 07:17:11 -0400

My father was a federal employee, and my mother still has his Blue Cross health insurance. She gets a constant stream of paperwork showing what Medicare paid vs. what Blue Cross paid. Medicare pays almost everything. Blue Cross refuses half of the tiny amount that is left. People complain about Medicare, but it is serving my mother well, with very little paperwork on her part. Blue Cross, on the other hand, costs her $200/month and refuses most payments.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>