homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 14:01:40 -0400

You also have the right to choose NOT enter into a contract >with an insurance company. A lot of people choose not to buy >health insurance because they can't afford it, dont' want it, or >feel they shouldn't have to pay for it. Then they also complain >when they don't have it for whatever reason and then want >their health care but don't want to pay for it either.

Complaining is another of our rights :-) I don't have health insurance, mostly because I can't afford it. I also feel that it is a scam that I don't want to buy into. I'm careful and health-conscious and haven't needed healthcare for years (even my kids were born in a Birth Center with a midwife, not covered by insurance, which I had at the time, because I would NOT subject them to hospitals and doctors). Yeah, it sure would be nice if I could go to a hospital if I accidentally cut off my foot, but we can't have everything.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA