homestead - Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Has anyone heard about this?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 11:46:08 -0700 (PDT)

When I lived in Florida, my family doc refused to accept any insurance
policy.....

Remember the old days?  On office person, one nurse, one doc?  Instead of 5
extra people to argue with the insurance companies about whether the doc
could treat the patient?

That was my docs office.... actually, 2 docs, 1 office person, 1 nurse.

And guess what.  The amount charged for the visits was far far far less than
what was being charged in my former family docs' office who had to leap thru
all the hoops to get permission to be a doc.

STEP ONE
IMO keep 3rd parties out.  Keep government out.  Keep employers out.
Employers should drop providing insurance as a benefit and just give people a
raise.

STEP TWO
Let the people decide what kind of policy they want.
If they want an insurance company to pay for visits for sniffly noses, then
let them pay higher rates for all the extra visits.  If they only want major
things covered - let people be able to negotiate that.

If people don't like the rules of the insurance company they chose, they can
switch as fast as they switch underwear.  That way the insurance companies
would come up with products that their customers actually want and can afford.

If people get the extra money in their paycheck and then choose not to buy
insurance, well that is their choice.  They can save the premiums that would
have been spent for a rainy doc day,,, or spend it, but don't expect someone
else to pay their bills.

I'm still reading the USConstitution and Bill of Rights, and I still haven't
found a clause that says that all or any Americans are entitled to health
care.  I did find the right to pursuit liberty, life and happiness section.

--------