homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:08:44 -0800

I won't know this month because we're stuck in at the moment but each month
EVERYTHING has gone up a minimum of 10%. What really got me last month was
the *big* mustard at Costco. It is now half the size if was last time I
bought it AND $1.50 more in cost!

Lynda
"Facts don't cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley
----- Original Message ----- From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>

I wonder what other people are seeing. I suspect that the places that had
the biggest 'bubbles' are the ones doing the worst now. We never had any
kind of bubble, and have been in a recession for years, so a recession in
the larger world is barely noticed here.

We have two supermarkets here, and they are in a price war. There have
been
some layoffs at Trucklite, which supplies the auto industry, but on the
other hand, they are revamping the little local 'mall' that had been
mostly
shut down for years. They've expanded it (added 2 new
stores)...Citifinance
moved into one store, and something I've never heard of, but sounds like a
non-profit group moved into the other. Still a lot of empty space in that
mall, though...even the video store closed.