homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 08:16:54 EST

We are seeing a bit of the same here, but a lot of it is due to the reverse
migration we
are experiencing. Our county lost 3500 students from last year at this time
a a big
chunk of that loss is families moving back across the border since
construction in Atlanta
has slowed to a crawl. 200 teacher and 300 staff layoffs were announced
yesterday. Food
prices are creeping up and I have also noticed the sale flyers are less than
impressive. I
am not surprised by your video store closing though, that is a national
trend. With the
mail out services and downloads you can buy, the brick and morter stores are
closing. The last
time I looked you could buy 2 shares of Blockbuster stock for a bit less
than the cost of renting
1 movie.

Drew

In a message dated 3/3/2009 7:58:04 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,