homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 22:28:43 -0800

Spring fever, huh, James? Going through the grumpy part of the season where you're itching to be out and about? Or some other form of cabin fever?

If everyone on this list posted something we'd probably all faint but since it won't ever happen it is nonsensical to even put forth such an idea.

And, it's kinda like other things. There are lists that suit folks and lists that don't. There's no way you're going to make this list over to be like the other lists. So one is generally given two options: accept it like it is and enjoy it, or, go find one that suits one better. Of course, being contrary, you will go for the mostly unused third option, grumping along about how it doesn't suit you and how imperfect everyone on the list is cause they don't post per your prerequisites.

HoHum, ~~sigh~~ Such is life <g>

Besides, homesteading is a way of life and what is going on in life is part of homesteading and thus you cannot seperate life from homesteading. Voila, I've solved the problem. ALL the stories are homesteading related!

Lynda

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

There are so many of them (not just from you, Bev, you are rather an amateur
compared to list clogging I've seen) that the only thing to do for the sake of
reading anything about homesteading it to delete them unread. On other
homesteading and small-holding lists the traffic is 95% directly homestead related
and so the net gleanings from opening all the mail is very good. But when
just general news stories are offered by the gross with there being no obvious
connection to homesteading, one has to open them, often link to them, and then
read part of the way through before one can determine if there is anything
that pertains to homesteads. Not enough time for that so I just delete the lot
of them. Trouble is, when we get to times when there isn't much homestead
discussion but lots of general "isn't this interesting" posts, with little or
confusing change of subject line, there's nothing to do but delete most of it and
hope that nothing important was being discussed.

What I'm, perhaps unreasonably, expecting is some early assertion as to how
the news item relates to homesteading and the homestead life. Almost
everything can relate perhaps ... but how? If all of us forwarded a link to very
article we found interesting, the list would explode!

James