homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:00:19 -0500

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Lynn Wigglesworth
<lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>wrote:

> Food in the supermarket
> seems cheaper than it's been...lots and lots of 'specials' at low prices. I
> started buying them in bulk, but my pantry is full and things are still on
> 'special'.

That's interesting, Lynn. The price of food in the supermarket here is
rising higher and higher--specials are few and unimpressive. Financially,
things are tough here in Florida. They're closing schools and laying off
teachers and administrators and custodians, and that's just to try to meet
this fiscal year's education shortfall. It's the third such cut this year
for education.

> Still can't find a job (nothing new there), so I'll just plant a bigger
> garden instead.

I looked for part-time employment in Tioga County for eleven years. I feel
for you there. I got some online work, but nothing local. I did get one
offer--a trial as dj on Kevin's country music station. I can't remember the
call letters, but I took a pass on that one since I don't care much for
country. (Bluegrass, on the other hand...)

I think I've got a permanent job lined up here (yippee). Next, to find a
plot of land.

Cathy