homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:31:10 -0800 (PST)

You are right in your advice, of course. And, Leslie could be right about
hyper-inflation, down the road, and it would affect seed prices.

But, of all commodities, I expect the gov't to keep the price of food most
stable. They (with our taxes) will subsidize big ag , even morwe than they
already have. Watch for no-interest gov't loans to big ag, soon.

The food will be crappy, maybe even worse than now.

In the meantime, while the gov't is sorting it out, meat and dairy producers
will continue sluagtering, rather than paying animals' upkeep, so for a
while, meat should be cheaper.

If we have hyper-inflation in food prices, there will be much more to worry
about than just saving seeds. Right now, gov't is trying to subsidize
everything from housing to healthcare. I don't believe they can do all of
that; but, it will be easy to continue to subsidize big ag, to keep the
populace fat. Fat , happy people are more complacent and compliant than
hungry citizens.

What seeds from the nursery do you save, by the way?