homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: "Don Bowen" <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 07:40:39 -0800

> Jobs far and few between. Hearing about cut-backs at gov't level due to
> revenue shortfalls. And they are always advertising job fairs in the news
> now... and reporting that for every one job available, hundreds to a
> thousand people show up (up in Alburquerque).

My son runs a parts store in Brevard, NC. He told me yesterday that he is
getting over 20 applications a week with no advertising. He said the stores
in Asheville are getting over twice that many and some weeks nearly 100.
They are adding staff as business is booming as people cannot afford new
cars they are having the old one fixed or are doing it themselves.

Don Bowen KI6DIU