homestead - Re: [Homestead] ???

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] ???
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 11:13:23 -0500

It's going to be especially challenging in my winter squash patch. I'm growing about 10 varieties of winter squash and eating pumpkins, and another 10 or so varieties of gourds and decorative pumpkins. Seed-savers have methods of pollinating and taping the female flowers shut. I'll be lucky if I can find a male and female from the same variety, they way they crawl all over each other.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA
----- Original Message ----- From: "bobf" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>