homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:09:37 -0500

Find a way to make the people who created this mess suffer, rather than just the working stiffs who played by the rules, and I'm all on your side..........

Well, you know my solution. The 'rules' are stacked against the working class, so I don't play by them. I withdrew from the system; my money is invested in my land and in tools; I rarely buy anything new, buy locally when I can to support my neighbors.

The bankers and CEOs got rich because people gave them money to invest. Those investments may have been lost, but the high salaries and bonuses are still coming. I'm happy to say that it isn't my money that bought their private planes or boats. It comes down to choices...support what you like, don't support what you don't like. I don't like the way Walmart forces out local businesses then raises prices, so I don't do business with Walmart, either. If you give your money to the Wall Street mavens, you can hardly complain that they are filthy rich and you aren't....converting your money into their money is what they do best.

By the way, the 'economic crisis' hasn't affected my life yet. Not even a little. I'm still waiting. My income and expenses are the same as a year ago, or four years ago, and aren't likely to change much in the next year or two.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA