homestead - [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:17:58 -0700

If one wishes to be in the game of predicting how bad things will become, one must get seriously negative. This is a quote from an article in the WSJ about a highly regarded Russian academic:

"Mr. Panarin posits, in brief, that mass immigration, economic decline, and moral degradation will trigger a civil war next fall and the collapse of the dollar. Around the end of June 2010, or early July, he says, the U.S. will break into six pieces -- with Alaska reverting to Russian control."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123051100709638419.html