homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:05:17 -0500

I understand what you are saying , Lynn, and philisophically don't dis-agree. I simply do not want to see children going hungry; citizens sick and dying because of inadequate access to decent health-care; homeless numbers expanding; and all of the consequential social ills that follow catacysmic economic turmoil and social disorder.

Either way, I will survive, and will try to flourish and prosper. But a lot of people are three or four paychecks away from complete destitution. The 'system' is not fair, it is 'instead' cruel and antithetic to social good. I do not wish ill fortune on the hard working citizens of my country; and they are exactly the ones who will be hurt most. The system needs to be changed , but not on the already bent backs of the good and decent >working people.

Do you think the powers that be will ever change the system? They have every reason to keep it exactly the way it is. The only change will come from the bottom up, and people have to be a lot more scared and hungry before they demand that change. Americans, for all their problems, are still too fat and content to rock the boat.

Lynn Wigglesworth