homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:19:29 -0800 (PST)

No, Lynn, I do not think that TPTB will ever voluntarily change the present
system. Right now, just the simple math of present economics is forcing
'some ' change. But, the 'haves' and 'have-nots' will change very little.

But, how is a man (or woman) supporting his family supposed to affect that
change. Are you calling for violent revolution? That 'would' work. But,
then --the unintended consequences.

I don't have any answers except that if pain is to be felt , it should be
felt the hardest by those who have profited through cronyism and sleazy
economic schemes -- Not-- working people. But, the way things are right now,
the people to feel the vast majority of the pain will only be working people.

Maybe the Wall Street mavens will buy a smaller boat this year, but they will
still be buying boats. And maybe the company CEOs will be flying in
chartered private planes, rather than their own private planes; but private
plane travel, they will, nonetheless.

Find a way to make the people who created this mess suffer, rather than just
the working stiffs who played by the rules, and I'm all on your side..........

--- On Mon, 12/29/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do you think the powers that be will ever change the system? They have
> every reason to keep it exactly the way it is. The only change will come
> from the bottom up, and people have to be a lot more scared and hungry
> before they demand that change. Americans, for all their problems, are
still too fat and content to rock the boat.