homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sky-is-falling forecasts
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 10:58:29 -0800 (PST)

I understand what you are saying , Lynn, and philisophically don't dis-agree.
I simply do not want to see children going hungry; citizens sick and dying
because of inadequate access to decent health-care; homeless numbers
expanding; and all of the consequential social ills that follow catacysmic
economic turmoil and social disorder.

Either way, I will survive, and will try to flourish and prosper. But a lot
of people are three or four paychecks away from complete destitution. The
'system' is not fair, it is 'instead' cruel and antithetic to social good. I
do not wish ill fortune on the hard working citizens of my country; and they
are exactly the ones who will be hurt most. The system needs to be changed ,
but not on the already bent backs of the good and decent working people.