homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:13:01 -0800 (PST)

James, I want to ask a question and I would like for you to give me an honest
answer, but I don't want you to think I am being antaganistic or arguing with
you. Sometimes I seem to word my comments and questions in a way that
receives an answer that , though a good answer, is not actually answering my
question. I will continue to try to improve my writing skills.

For my question. Many people in the city are quite fit, as you say, but not
fit enough for the rigourous work that you do on a regular basis. I' will
agree with you. But, do you really think we, as a country, a society, are
going back to agragrian susteanance living?

If your answer is yea, I understand why you think many will perish. But,
even in a horrid scenario; I do not see the answer to the above question as
"yes". I don't even think it is a possibility. Maybe this is where I get
mixed messages in some of the conversations, not only with you, but also with
others.

The way you describe working your homestead is very much like the way some of
my relatives and members of my rural communities worked what they called
their farms. Push Ploughing , all day long, handpicking acres of corn. I
have seen all of that and done much, myself. But, that was another time and
place.....

I'm always interested in your outlook.........................