homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:28:21 -0800 (PST)

I'm just thinking out loud relative to your comments (about Y2K) below. I
was already, for several years , on this list when that occurred. I don't
remember it being a big deal on this list. It was not a big deal to me
because I would too technophobic to even understand the 'possibility' of it
affeccting me. I don't see this present calamity being anything like Y2K.
Were you worried about Y2K? I can't remember. I just don't remember it
being a big deal, on this list?

Hopefully, in a couple of years, BO and the Dems will have solved all of the
world's problems and this event will seem as innocous as the Y2K thing
(which, to be honest, I still to this day don't understand). But, I'm not
pinning any hopes.................

--- On Mon, 12/8/08, Clansgian AT wmconnect.com <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

> This is the major point. During Y2K all the collapse-niks proudly catalog
> thier K-rations, barrels of water, and most of all sealed up cans of
> vegetable seeds they were going to use to feed themselves (in January
no less) in the wake of the collapse. The attitude was cavalier, "Oh, grow
vegetables, I can do that! How hard can it be?"

Well, it can be pretty damn hard. Lynn is right. I've been at this just in
this location for twenty years and I've had the hoe and spade and axe in my
hands on a regular basis much longer than that. And I still find the
prospects of survival precarious.