homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 07:38:15 -0500

****** That is at the heart of my dilemnas. I have, now, multiple choices; and I still have time to narrow my choices for the most rewarding future, I can provide. What is wrong with taking time that I have to make sure that I am making the right choices. I also must use part of the time to tie up the loose >ends of my current life. That is unavoidable.

Bob; I think you vastly underestimate the amount of time and energy it takes to establish a homestead. I started at 40 (with an established but rundown farm), and now at 52 (and a very healthy 52), I often have to squeeze out that last bit of energy to do everything I need to do.You've mentioned that you are older and not in peak health. You don't just go from zero to all-day physical labor...are you at least trying to get into better physical condition? Learning to can, preserve, cook from scratch?Unless you can hire an army of builders and gardeners, I think your chance of homesteading is slipping away.

Lynn Wigglesworth