homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 06:46:53 -0800 (PST)

I could have written pantry, storehouse, or smokehouse rather than root
cellar. Root cellars were not common where I was raised, but much of our
food was grown , harvested and canned. I know something about it because my
childhood occurred in a similar lifestyle. I have acquired many of the
things that people on this list discuss. Just becuase I don't mention a
vita-mix or a huge pressure cooker, etc, doesn't mean I haven't already
picked one up at an estate sale , etc. over the years.

What exactly are you saying that I should prepare for ? Being tired and
sweaty? Being frustrated when a crop doesn't perform ? I think I can handle
all of that Lynn. Imagine if it were just you and an imaginary husband. You
didn't have to worry about zoning. Your (imaginary) husband had somewhere
else to go, for short or long periods of time if 'he' didn't like the stress.
You had no mortgage. You had several years of canned and dried foods, and
some , maybe not much, but some, assets left. Would you feel as pressured as
you now feel?

I never know what to make of you, Bob. How do you know that will make you