homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 18:40:41 -0800 (PST)

James, I don't know where you got the idea that I think people are coming
maurading to you or anyone else, in particular. I have made the comment,
once or twice, in seriousness and in joking fashion, that distance is not an
absolute barrier in a 'worse case scenario". I still do 'not' expect that
'worse case scenario", and why you would think that 'I" am the type of person
to maurade upon 'anyone' was my objection. I live in a safe place, as do
you. I am comfortable in my surroundings , as are you. You have one big
advantage (I'm only talking about the potential of mass movements of people).
That advantage is distance .

I could drive one hour to Camp Verde and be on the other side of a mountain
as big as your hills (inless your hills are over 10,000 ft). I really don't
expect that to be even close to one of the first problems, and it may never
become any sort of problem. Two of Three things, if occuring, will cause
waves of exodus from metropolitan areas. The first people to leave will be
people like me, with some funding and a direction to head where I am already
welcome. Any waves of population after that, would decrease in hopefulness
as they come out. But, two of three things must first occur

1) Garbage pick-up stops

2) Water and sewer (& then elec) stops)

3) Food distribution becomes unreliable

So far, none of those three things are on the horizon. Do I think you,
Lynda, my brothers, Bev, etc, etc, are all a few steps ahead of me, in a
worst case scenario? hell yes. Would I ever become a barbaric marauder?
No. I am the same person that I have always been, and I intend to always be
an honorable person......................