homestead - Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Go ld -- feel free to ignore
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 22:58:11 -0800

Bob, you keep arguing apples and oranges. Because some freaking cowardly druggie or gansta wannabee goes off and shots someone for their wallet is totally irrelavent to them standing up to someone who isn't weaker, someone who will shoot back OR, most likely will shoot first!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>

You ahven't even gotten your deer yet, and you are going to help defend your hamlet ? Bev, I'm teasing, I just wrote to Lynn, I still don't think things have to become 'that' bad. I see much bad, in the next several years, but not necessarily societal collapse. I'm just trying to hear other people's opinions on what they think the best and worst case scenarios in 'their' world; which could be similar or dis-similar to mine.

Beleive me, no body in the city is sitting around planning how to best invade the rural hamlets to steal people's rutabaga harvests. But, in this world where I live, even in nice, affluent, secure parts of the city; a person can be harmed or killed for his watch and (possibly empty) wallet.