homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom? (was: It's almost over)
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:47:18 -0800

Ah, Bob. I would suggest you do some reading about history. The government instituted a program in the 60s and 70s inwhich they sterilized over 40% of the Indians who were of child bearing age.

Wouldn't think of giving you any newspaper article but I would refer you to Congressional records! The GAO report. The American Indian Policy Review Commission's Report on Indian Health. Public Health Aspects of Contraceptive Serilization. American Indian Women and IHS Sterlization Practices. Killing Our Future: Sterlization and Experiments. And Then There Were None: Is Federal Policy Endangering the American Indian Species. Also, numerous articles in well respected journals such as the American Journal of Public Health and even the U.S. Dept. of HEW has many reports on this.

Here's one article just to get you started http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/american_indian_quarterly/v024/24.3lawrence.html

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "bob ford" <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>