homestead - Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Who attacked whom?
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:09:07 -0800

Nope. Australia now has laws in place to protect the Aboriginis.

Canada is as bad, if no worse in some ways, just not eugenics/genocide. More along the lines of racism. However, their boardingschools have been sued (rather the churches were who ran them for the Canadian government) and lost.

I'll bet we spent thousands on postage sending FOIA requests AND signed releases from patients. Don't think we got back 1 out of 25-50 requests. The same applies to the boarding schools.

When I was doing adoption search, I found the above to be absolutely
true. I cannot tell you how many records warehouses' have burned or
were destroyed in a hurricane. In my experience the "they were lost in
a fire" was the most common excuse I heard.

I wonder if Canada or a country like Australia has a better history.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda