homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:42:27 -0500

BO and the congress do get thousands of emails every week. >They have filters that count and discard them.

They at least record the subject matter, because I get responses with the subject matter mentioned. From Obama, first I get an automatic response, then, days later, a more specific one. It doesn't alway respond directly to my subject, but "notes my concern". My Congresspeople even have 'position papers' that they send if they have one for the subject I'm harrassing them about that day. They had long, detailed explainations about their postitions about the bailout. I didn't agree with their position, but appreciated the response. Phone calls and snail mail are good, too.

Lynn Wigglesworth