homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: Cathy <goosecreekfarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:20:49 -0500

Thanks, Lynn, for answering so thoroughly. I confess that I think I must
have a genetic-level objection to the collection of my personal information,
no matter who's doing the collecting and even if the information is just
sitting in a box somewhere.

I don't think there's any _one_ 'they' and I think probably most of the
info collected is just sitting. Unfortunately, to my mind, there's an awful
lot of info and it isn't in a box, it's in searchable databases just waiting
for whichever 'they' comes along. I don't want to be herded, either, even
if it's by people who claim to have my best interests in mind.

Cathy