homestead - Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Our digital trail - "Orwellian future"
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 12:31:39 -0500

I don't want to be herded, either, even
if it's by people who claim to have my best interests in mind.

They are the people you really have to watch out for. I prefer to be left alone, but someone knowing where I go or what I buy, while I don't especially like it, doesn't freak me out. People unreasonably making me do something or keeping me from doing something freaks me out.

I checked the website for my grocery store and they swear up and down that they never give or sell any information about customers, gotten through the use of the Wildcard, to anyone.

Lynn Wigglesworth