homestead - Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:00:35 -0500

The state can t*x your property, if they please. I understand your point . I'm simply saying that no one is safe from the 'state'. I am anti-statist, as are you. I fear them; not respect - fear ; because I believe the state is inherently malovelent. It would be like having black widows or vampire bats inside your house. They do serve a purpose, as does the state. But neither >should be that involved with your person or property.

States have constitutions that tell them what they can and can't do. But there's no way to argue with what "could" happen.

My mother watches a Weather Channel show called "It could happen tomorrow" or something like that. She lives in absolute fear of tornadoes, despite the fact that a tornado in these parts is rarer than hen's teeth, and she watches this show to whip up that fear. She's going to fall down her basement steps and kill herself, fleeing some imaginary tornado. Irrational fear.

There are enough bad things happening already that we need to pay attention to without thinking up new ones that haven't happened yet.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga Co. PA