homestead - Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] twin google was Re: Kuntsler , new commentary, super-inflation
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:56:16 -0600

Thanks, Cathy. As I suspected, the changes are not germ cell changes,
but expression changes. The county where I grew up has a really high
rate of various cancers; it also has a high rate of crop spraying
because they grow lots of truck crops (pumpkins, green beans, peas,
etc.) that are sprayed about once a week.

It's not clear what effect DNA methylation has on gene expression, but
it's not the same thing as changing the germ line. Lamarck, or at
least his theory of the heredity of acquired characteristics, isn't
making a comeback here.

Marie, who is well read on the subject of genetics up to about 1990